2 canisters Pillsbury crescent rolls
1 8oz package cream cheese (you can choose low fat, or non-fat)
1 8oz container sour cream (again, you choose the fat content)
1 package dry Hidden Valley Buttermilk Ranch dressing mix
Assorted veggies of your choice (Pictured, I had a red and green pepper, carrots, and broccoli. I've also used cauliflower.)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. Pre heat oven according to crescent roll directions. Open the 2 canisters of dough and roll them out flat so that the entire cookie sheet is covered. Bake until golden.
2. Mix together cream cheese, sour cream, and dry ranch dressing mix. This works best if you melt the cream cheese a bit in the microwave.
3. Finely chop veggies. I did this by hand for the peppers, just because they are so juicy. However, if you have a food processor, it's definitely the way to go for the rest of the veggies. Since I don't have a food processor, I simply put them in my blender, choose the "chop" setting and pulse it until they're all cut up. Very easy.
4. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly onto the flat crescent rolls.
5. Sprinkle veggies on top of mixture and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
6. Use a pizza cutter to cut into squares. Refrigerate until serving.
These are always a major hit at parties. My husband's family requests that I bring them every time we get together. I usually choose the low or non fat cream cheese and sour cream, and they still taste great! The best part is, they're very simple to make!