- 3 c oats (regular or quick is fine)
- 1 c plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 1/2 c honey
- 1 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 c walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray tin with non-stick cooking spray. My most favorite is called Baker's Joy (it has flour added in). You could also use a silicone muffin pan. (I don't recommend using paper liners for these.
- Place all of the liquid ingredients in the blender (including bananas), and then blend adding oats in 1/2 c at a time until smooth. You may need to stop the blender a few times to stir. Stir in chopped walnuts after blending is complete.
- Divide batter among 12 muffin cups and bake for 20 min. or until toothpick comes out clean.
You could go crazy with the flavor combinations and possibilities here. You could add blueberries, chocolate chips, and play around with different sweeteners and flavors of yogurt. I'm not going to lie and say that these are the prettiest muffins you've ever seen. They look good coming out of the oven and then "sunk" a bit as they cooled, but they were moist, tasty, and something I feel good about feeding my family. I made them sans walnuts for my toddler, but for me, I would add them in for sure. Will definitely be a repeated recipe. Be sure to check out the pumpkin version too!