* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 onion, chopped
* 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
* 2 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
* 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (4 cups)
* 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
* kosher salt and black pepper
* 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan (1 ounce)
* 2 15-ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed
* 1 bunch spinach, thick stems removed (4 cups)
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, until soft, 5 to 6 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes and their juices and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
3. Stir in the chicken, squash, thyme, 5 cups water, 1 ½ teaspoons salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer until the squash is tender, about 15 minutes.
5. After the soup has simmered, stir in the beans and spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted and the beans are heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve with crusty bread.
**To make this recipe even faster, use frozen chopped onions and diced butternut squash, which can be found in the walk-in refrigerated section of Costco!**
Recipe adapted from Real Simple