* 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
* 3/4 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed (I couldn't find crushed seeds, so I just used the whole ones)
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
* 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
* 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
* Cooking spray
* 2 cups thinly sliced red bell pepper
* 1 cup thinly sliced yellow bell pepper
* 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots (about 1 large)
* 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary (I used dried)
* 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
* 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Combine 1/2 teaspoon salt, fennel seeds, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, garlic powder, and oregano. Brush chicken with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil; sprinkle spice rub over chicken. (I just brushed the chicken with olive oil and sprinkled all of the spices on both sides. I didn't measure them out.)
Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes or until browned. Turn chicken over; cook 1 minute. Arrange chicken in an 11 x 7–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 40 minutes or until done.
3. Heat remaining olive oil over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, shallots, and rosemary; sauté 3 minutes. Stir in broth, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high. Stir in vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Serve bell pepper mixture over chicken.
I served this dish with rosemary baby red mashed potatoes. I don't really have a recipe. I just added in milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder, light sour cream, shredded Parmesan cheese, and rosemary to taste. :)
Recipe from Cooking Light