- 2 packages of linguine noodles (2 lbs.) - I use whole wheat
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz. neufchatel cheese, softened (this is the low fat cream cheese)
- 2 c non-fat sour cream
- 1/4 c water
- 1 small bunch of green onions, sliced thin (just the green)
- 7-8 cups spaghetti sauce prepared just the way you like it
- 4 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook linguine noodles and drain.
- Beat 3 eggs and add to linguine noodles along with fresh Parmesan cheese. Stir to mix.
- Divide the pasta and layer in the bottom of two 9x13 casserole dishes.
5. Next, combine softened cream cheese, sour cream, sliced green onions, and water, and stir until smooth. Divide and spread over both pans of noodles. *For a lighter version, you don't have to use all of this - just spread enough to cover noodles. (By the way, the bowl Emma is stirring is for a quadrupled recipe... so yours won't look like this much. As my hubby says... I'm feedin' the world ;)
6. Then spread 3-4 cups of prepared spaghetti sauce over each pan.
7. Top with grated cheddar cheese and bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
This recipe serves about 14-16 people, although usually when not cooking for dinner club, we put one pan in the freezer for later. The leftovers are delicious and it freezes really well.
This is a modified version of a recipe I got from Kathi Best back in 2004. It's hearty, filling, and delicious... always a favorite anytime I make it - a usual request from my hubby. I also love it because it's very kid-friendly as well - one of Emma's favs.