- 4 cups fresh green beans
- 4 strips bacon (I used turkey bacon)
- 1/2 c chopped onions
- 2 T brown sugar
- 2 T white vinegar
- Boil water in large stock pot.
- Cook green beans in boiling water 8-10 minutes. Drain.
- While cooking beans, in saucepan, cook bacon and onion until bacon is crisp and onions are tender.
- Mix together cooked beans, bacon/onion mix, vinegar, and brown sugar.
I am seriously addicted to this green bean recipe. Mama Marsh first made this for me while we were in Hawaii and I fell in love. MOVE OVER GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE! I made these for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and a handful of other times just for our family. They satisfy a million different flavor and texture cravings. Seriously delicious and major thanks to Lynda Marsh for sharing the recipe with me!