- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- Olive oil
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 4 hamburger buns
1. In a bowl, combine beef, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper. On waxed paper, shape into eight thin patties. Place 1 tablespon of the blue cheese in the center of four of the patties. Top with the remaining four patties; pinch edges to seal.
2. Brush onion slices with olive oil.
3. Place burgers and onions directly over medium-high heat. Grill 5 minutes per side or until no pink remains in burger. Brush cut sides of buns with olive oil. Grill, cut side down, the last minute of grilling.
4. Serve burgers on buns with grilled onions, spinach, and top with blue cheese if desired.
If you are not a blue cheese lover like me, you can substitute with feta, which also makes a delicious burger!
Recipe from Better Homes and Gardens