- 2 cups Thai jasmine-scented white rice (note that other types of rice, such as brown rice, will not work for this recipe)
- 1 cup good-quality coconut milk (not "lite")
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2-3 Tbsp. dry shredded coconut, unsweetened or sweetened (baking type)
- Place rice in rice cooker. Add the water, coconut milk, salt, and shredded coconut. Stir well (use a plastic or wooden utensil to avoid scraping off the non-stick surface). Cover and set to cook.
- Once your rice cooker switches to "warm" mode, allow another 8-10 minutes for rice to finish "steaming". This will ensure your coconut rice is fully cooked and pleasantly sticky.
- Gently fluff with chopsticks before serving (some of the shredded coconut may have risen to the surface - just stir it back into the rice). Taste-test it for salt, adding a little more until desired flavor is achieved.