- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup frozen sweet peas
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked, cubed chicken meat
- 4 cups cooked brown long grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice seasoning
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add carrots and onion to saute until semi-soft, then add celery, bell pepper, frozen sweet peas, Chinese Five Spice, and 2 tablespoons soy sauce and stir-fry for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in cooked, cubed chicken and stir-fry another 5 minutes. Then add rice and stir thoroughly.
- Finally, stir in scrambled eggs and 1/3 cup soy sauce, heat through and serve hot.
I served this with chopped cashews, chopsticks and fortune cookies :).