- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
DirectionsPlace beans in a food processor, and pulse until almost smooth. Combine the beans, carrot, and the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring until well blended. Let stand 30 minutes. Serve with baked tortilla chips. Makes 5 cups.
This recipe, from Cooking Light, is a great appetizer that is very easy to do and also shows that you put some additional time and energy into an appetizer beyond just purchasing it from a store. We brought this along with different colored tortilla chips to one of the music festival evenings up at Arborcrest Winery as our contribution to an appetizer potluck. Delicious and healthy... a hit with the group!