- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 (6-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breasts
- 1 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed & minced
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 (8-inch) low-fat whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
Preparation:Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 10-12 minutes on each side or until done. Remove the chicken from pan; cool. Shred the chicken into bite-size pieces. Place chicken, cucumber, bell pepper, and scallions in a large bowl; mix together and set aside.
Place sugar and the next 6 ingredients (sugar through garlic) in your Kitchenaide mixer, and mix until smooth. Add peanut butter and water; again mix until smooth, scraping sides. Add peanut butter mixture to chicken mixture; stir well. Add cilantro, and toss well. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture onto each tortilla; top each serving with 1/3 cup shredded cabbage, and roll up.
Notes: The original recipe is from Cooking Light magazine. Only a few adaptations were made and just because I know what my people like :). As a side dish, I served Jasmine rice with lime juice and optional toppings of toasted coconut and fresh cilantro. We also had a fresh pineapple at home - so we sliced it up and added it in the wrap as well...delicious!