- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 t nutmeg
- 1 t baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 c coconut oil (can substitute butter)
- 1/4 c pure maple syrup (can sub rice malt syrup, agave, honey, etc.)
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 2 overly ripe bananas, mashed
- Optional: 1 c walnuts, blueberries, or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Add in the rest of the wet ingredients (oil, syrup, vanilla, and mashed bananas) and stir.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Fold in optional nuts/berries/chocolate chips.
- Pour into a lightly greased loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until it passes the skewer test.
- Let cool before removing from pan. Slice and enjoy! Delicious served warm!
This recipe was passed along to me from my sweet friend, Carla, and originally comes from the blog The Natural Nutritionist. It freezes really well. I love the almond flour at Costco because it is extra fine as well as a great deal in comparison to buying it elsewhere. One SUPER EASY modification I made was to make the whole thing in the blender - no bowls, no mess! I started with the wet ingredients, blended, and then added the dry ingredients, folding in the optional berries at the end. I cannot get over how easy it was! I've made it several times, so it's definitely a keeper!