Monday, October 28, 2013

J-LEGS (Jessi's Limited Edition Granola Squares) Gluten Free and Vegan



Ingredients:
  • 1 c peanut or almond butter (or any nut butter you prefer)
  • 2/3 c honey (you could certainly sub the honey and maple syrup for agave, rice syrup, etc.)
  • 1/2 c pure maple syrup
  • 2t vanilla
  • 2 c puffed rice cereal
  • 1 c rolled oats, ground (I used my blender for this)
  • 1 c shredded coconut
  • 5 c nuts, seeds and dried berries/fruit (I used about 3 1/2 c nuts/seeds, and 1 1/2 c dried fruit)
Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350. Prepare a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
  2. In a bowl, combine wet ingredients.  In a seperate bowl, combine dry ingredients. Combine together and spread evenly into the prepared pan.
  3. Bake 20 minutes.  Allow to cool completely before cutting.
My husband gave these bars their name and called them "limited edition" because I really have no idea what exactly I threw in to make these, only how much total. Since I won't be able to replicate these exact bars... the name was born.  I seriously emptied out a ton of random little bags that have just a bit of nuts and seeds left in them along with pecans, sliced almonds, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, peanuts, raisins... some mixed nuts that were in a little baggy in my cupboard.  I really have no clue.  The good news is that you could add anything you like and it will be delicious. Thanks to Laurie for the recipe inspiration!

1 comment:

  1. Tifa T Fal T' Fútbol - Tifa | TITIAN ART
    Tifa microtouch trimmer T' cerakote titanium Fútbol. Tifa T' used ford fusion titanium Fútbol. titanium keychain Tifa T' Fútbol. Tifa T' Fútbol. titanium bar Tifa T'.

    ReplyDelete