- 1/4 c low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 tablespoon hoisin sauce (found in Asian section of grocery store)
- 2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger (I used the pre-ground ginger found in produce section)
- 1 (14-ounce) package coleslaw (about 4 cups)
- 4 c shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast***
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions, divided
- 24 Bibb lettuce leaves (I used romaine)
- In a bowl, whisk together the first 7 ingredients.
- In a large saucepan, combine liquid with rotisserie chicken until heated through (add in 1/4 c of green onions)
- In lettuce leaves, layer coleslaw mix and chicken.
- Top with remaining green onions and chopped cashews.
It's not often that I give a recipe 5 stars, but this one is deserving. It has great flavor, is healthy, fresh, and FAST! You can have a meal ready to serve company in less than 10 minutes. Are you kidding me? My two year old devoured it, my 10 year old gave it 2 thumbs up, and my husband ate 2 platefuls. This recipe is a keeper!!! ***Just a side note... if you use regular baked chicken breast instead of rotisserie chicken you may want to make more sauce as it generally absorbs more than the rotisserie chicken does. (I adapted this recipe from Cooking Light. Photo from Cooking Light)