Sunday, February 16, 2014

Banana Blueberry Coconut Pecan Breakfast Cookies



Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
  • 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes 
  • 1 T golden flaxmeal (I didn't have any on hand, so left this out)
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 3/4 c coarsely chopped pecans
  • 1/2 c dried blueberries
  • 3 very ripe bananas, mashed (mashed in my Kitchen Aid, kept a bit lumpy)
  • 1/4 c coconut oil, warm enough to be liquid
  • 1 T agave nectar
  • 1 t vanilla extract
  • Cooking spray
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine oats, coconut, flaxmeal, salt, pecans, and blueberries. Stir in bananas, oil, agave nectar and vanilla until well combined.
  2. Press 2 tablespoons of mixture onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. You could also press into a round cookie cutter for a more uniform looking cookie. I just used my 2 T measuring scoop. Continue with remaining mixture.
  3. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until fragrant and golden. Cool on pan. Makes about 15 cookies.

These are delicious! The recipe came from www.kumkuatblog.com and either this or something like this was introduced to me by my sweet friend, Ali.  I HIGHLY recommend making a double batch as they keep well in the fridge and won't last long.  Easy to make and a repeater recipe for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment