For the Korean Beef:
- 5 lb. chuck roast
- 1 10 oz. bottle low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 c packed brown sugar
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 T ginger, grated (Have you discovered the pre-grated/ground ginger in produce section yet? Love!)
- 6 T rice vinegar
- 2 T sesame oil
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T sriracha
For the Cucumber Slaw:
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 c rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 c water
- 1 T Thai Garlic Chili Pepper Sauce
- 1 t salt
- 2-3 cucumbers, peeled and sliced thin
- 1/4 c thinly sliced red onion
For the Tacos:
- 16 small tortillas or spring roll wraps
- Shredded cabbage/cole slaw mix
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- To make the Korean beef for the tacos, spray your slow cooker crock with non-stick cooking spray and add the chuck roast.
- Whisk soy sauce, sugar, and vinegar with the garlic, ginger, sriracha, and oils.
- Pour over the roast in the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 8 hours. Remove roast from crockpot and meat just falls apart. Use the "shredded" beef for the tacos.
- For the cucumber slaw:
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar, water, chili pepper sauce and salt. Stir, cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add cucumbers to onion in an appropriately sized dish that will allow all the cucumber mixture to be covered with the marinade.
- Pour vinegar mixture over the vegetables and let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Remove cucumbers with a slotted spoon.
- To assemble, serve the shredded meat on warmed tortillas topped a spoon of cucumber slaw, shredded cabbage, cilantro, sriracha and a dollop of yogurt.
This recipe is absolutely delicious! We actually used the coleslaw and ate it more like an asian salad, but it was absolutely delicious. We actually used leftover cucumber slaw marinade and put some of the cabbage in there to marinate as well. Delicious! Everyone in our family LOVED it! This recipe inspiration (and the photo) came from the Confections of a Food Bride blog.