- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- ½ Teaspoon of Paprika
- ¼ Teaspoon of Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon of Pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon of Onion Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon of Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon of Olive Oil
- 1 3/4
- 1/4 Cup Lime Juice
- Cups of Low Sodium Chicken Stock or Broth
- 1 Cup of Quinoa
- A Dash of Salt and Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Tbsp Plain Greek Yogurt
- Combine all the dry seasonings in a small bowl. Mix them together and then season both sides of each chicken breast.
- Add the teaspoon of olive oil to a large pan or skillet. Heat the olive oil for a minute over medium/high heat. Add the chicken breasts to the pan. Cook for seven minutes on each side with the lid on. OR Grill it! I recommend the grilling!
- Add the chicken stock/broth, lime juice, quinoa, and cilantro to your rice cooker and cook, or follow instructions on quinoa package.
- Serve the sliced chicken breast on top of the quinoa. Top with avocado cream sauce.
To Make Avocado Cream Sauce:
- Place the flesh from an avocado along with two tablespoons of Greek yogurt in a food processor and puree until smooth.
I made just a few minor tweaks to the original recipe I found for this and it was delicious! The best part was how incredibly easy it was to make!
Original recipe from Sarcastic Cooking