- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (15 ounce) container low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 pound spicy Italian chicken sausage
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup fresh, chopped spinach
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 6-8 oz. pesto sauce
- 1 (20-28 ounce) fresh or jar marinara sauce
Cook's Note: The first time I made this dish, I did not use pesto sauce on the inside of the lasagna roll-ups, I used marinara sauce. My husband loved the roll-ups so much that he asked me to make them again two weeks later. I love pesto sauce, so I added that to the dish the next time and posted my recipe as such. Enjoy!
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Boil lasagna noodles for 5 to 8 minutes, or until just slightly underdone; drain and rinse.
- Meanwhile, brown both the chicken sausage and ground turkey in saucepans. Let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together grated cheese, ricotta cheese, chicken sausage and ground turkey, fresh spinach, and 1 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Lay out a noodle. Spread a layer of the cheese mixture on the noodle, then add a thin layer of pesto sauce. Roll the noodle up tightly, and place seam side down in a 13x9 pan. Repeat for other noodles. Top with marinara sauce and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F (175 degree C) oven for 30 min, or until hot and bubbly.