* 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes
* 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1 to 1-1/2 pounds total)
* 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (1 ounce)
* 2 tablespoons softened fat-free cream cheese (1 ounce)
* 2 teaspoons snipped fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
* 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 teaspoon olive oil or cooking oil
* Fresh basil sprigs (optional)
1. Using a sharp knife, cut a pocket in each chicken breast by cutting horizontally through the thickest portion to, but not through, the opposite side. Set aside. In a small bowl, combine feta, cream cheese, the snipped or dried basil, and tomatoes. Spoon about 1 rounded tablespoon into each pocket. If necessary, secure openings with wooden toothpicks. Sprinkle chicken with pepper.
2. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat for 12 to 14 minutes or until tender and no longer pink, turning once (reduce heat to medium if chicken browns too quickly). Serve warm. If desired, garnish with basil sprigs. Makes 4 servings.
Wrap chicken breasts in tin foil and grill. Since it's supposed to be summer around here, I grilled them. And by "I," I mean my husband, Eric. I don't trust myself with the grill. I'm always scared I'll overcook the meat, so any time a recipe calls for grilling, Eric takes over. I'm giving him a shout out here because on this particular day, it was absolutely pouring rain and we don't have a cover over our patio. However, my hubby who is a HUGE advocate of dinner club, was more than willing to take one for the team! Thanks, Eric!