- Romaine lettuce torn or chopped
- Grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- Avocado, chopped
- Hard boiled eggs, chopped
- Blue cheese crumbles (can substitute feta)
- Bacon bits (you can use any meat for "bacon")
- Mushrooms, sliced
- Cucumber, chopped
- Chicken (BBQ breasts with your favorite BBQ sauce, then cut into bite-sized pieces. Then coat chicken pieces with additional BBQ sauce so that all sides are covered.)
- Blue Cheese dressing or another preferred dressing (my favorite is Blue Cheese Vinaigrette by Litehouse sold in the refrigerated section)
- On top of the bed of lettuce, lay each ingredient in a "stripe".
- I recommend either keeping the BBQ chicken warm or reheating before placing on the salad.
- Use dressing as desired.
This is one of my favorite meals for the summer. It's fresh, delicious, and filling. My hubby who isn't too into having a salad for a dinner entree, really enjoys this as well. You can substitute to your liking and/or what you have on hand. It's relatively easy to prepare and a definite crowd pleaser. Enjoy!