2 boneless chicken breasts
1 box Rice a Roni Mexican rice
2 cups Mexican cheese blend
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 large can enchilada sauce (red or green)
6 taco size tortillas
sour cream (I use light)
guacamole (I love the packaged kind from Costco)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly spray the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish and pour about 1/4 of the enchilada sauce in.
3.Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Place chicken breasts in water and boil for 15 minutes or until no longer pink. Boiling the chicken makes it much easier to shred.
4. While chicken is boiling, make rice according to directions. I use the "less fat" directions on the side of the box and substitute EVOO for butter.
5. When chicken is done, use 2 forks to shred it.
6. Combine chicken and rice. Mix in beans.
7. Mix in 1 cup cheese and a spoonfull sour cream.
8. Roll the mix into tortillas and close both ends. Lay in baking dish, folded side down. Lay enchiladas side by side until dish is full.
9. Cover with remaining enchilada sauce and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
10. Bake at 350 until sauce is bubbling (about 25 minutes).
11. Top with sour cream and guacamole. Enjoy!
This is a great dish to make if you're serving a crowd! When I triple it for dinner club, I only use 2 boxes of rice and 2 cans of beans. Otherwise, it's too much of each of them. I also make 7 chicken breasts instead of 6.
This recipe was adapted from my friend, Darci's, recipe, as well as Jessi's recipe.