- 8-10 slices turkey bacon (I think the turkey bacon at Costco is by far the best!)
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas (my favorite are wheat tortillas from De Leon Foods)
- 4 tablespoons Ranch-style salad dressing
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 4 T shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
If you don't plan on serving right away, keep the ingredients separate. You could also layer each item as well, serving more like a burrito (shown in photo), but we like the pre-mixed version better.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-low heat for 6 to 8 minutes, or until crisp. Chop and set aside.
- Combine turkey bacon, avocado, tomato, and ranch in a bowl and stir gently coating with the Ranch dressing.
- Warm tortillas in microwave oven for 30 to 45 seconds, or until soft. Layer the lettuce and the bacon/tomato/avocado/ranch mixture, topping with optional cheese. Roll the tortilla around the ingredients and serve immediately.
This recipe is super fast and easy, which is one of the reasons I chose to make it coming off a swim meet weekend and going into a crazy holiday week. It doesn't take much prep time at all and is a sure crowd pleaser. My hubby and daughter are big fans - always cleaning their plates. This recipe was adapted from allrecipes.com.