4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, fileted
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/3 cup whole wheat flour (or almond flour for gluten free)
4 tablespoons butter, divided
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
8 lemon slices
1 teaspoon thyme
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Filet each chicken breast. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Lightly dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess.
- Melt 1 Tbsp. butter with 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in skillet 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- Add broth and lemon juice to skillet, and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Add 8 lemon slices.
- Remove skillet from heat; add thyme and basil and remaining 2 Tbsp. butter, and stir until butter melts. Pour sauce over chicken.
- Pour chicken and sauce into 8 x 8 baking pan. Bake in oven for 15-18 minutes or until done.