- 2 large apples, cut in half and cored
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1/4 c quick oats
- pinch of cinnamon
- olive oil
- optional: whip cream or vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Cut apples in half and remove core and seeds with a small pairing knife or spoon.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar and oats.
- Spray/rub apple halves with olive oil, then spoon on top of the apple halves and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with fat free whipped cream or low fat ice cream.
I have a serious love of apple pie, but NOT the calories associated with it! It can be 400-600 calories a SLICE! Ugh. That doesn't count the ice cream or whip cream that must accompany it! With a 1/4c whip cream on each, these weigh in at 96 calories each! Without the whip cream, you could slice these up and eat them for breakfast! Deeeeelicious!