1 lb lean ground turkey breast (you could also use beef or shredded chicken)
1 cup chopped onions
2 heaping Tablespoons taco seasoning
2 cups of cooked rice (any type you like – I like brown)
4-5 bell peppers, halved and seeds removed
1 can of black beans, drained & rinsed
½ cup of frozen corn
1 (15 -16 ounce) jar of salsa
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Sour cream/plain yogurt
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) On the stove, brown turkey, add in onion and taco seasoning. Cook through so turkey is done and onions are translucent.
2) In a bowl add the turkey mixture, black beans, corn and rice. Add in the jar of salsa and mix well.
3) Carefully spoon the turkey mixture into each half of the bell peppers and place into the baking dish. Cook the peppers for 15-20 minutes or until the peppers are cooked all the way thru. Before removing from the oven sprinkle the tops of each pepper with shredded cheddar cheese. Place back into the oven just until the cheese has melted.
4) Add toppings and serve. I served it with homemade tortilla chips (cut tortillas and lay out on cookie sheet. Mist with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Cook for 13-15 minutes at 350 degrees)