- 1 batch store bought or homemade tomato sauce (I made Tim's Famous Spaghetti Sauce)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 c chopped kale
- whole wheat buns
- shredded or sliced mozzarella cheese
- Boil chicken breasts. When they are done, shred them with 2 forks or in your Kitchen Aid mixer.
- While you are boiling the breasts, bring the tomato sauce to a simmer.
- Add in kale and cook over med-high heat until it boils. Lower to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Layout buns and top with chicken mixture and mozzarella. Place under broiler until the cheese melts, about 3-4 min.
Recipe from http://greenlitebites.com/
I served this meal with homemade kale chips. Simply pull kale leaves apart, being sure not to include the spine. Mix with olive oil, being sure all pieces are well bathed in it. Season with sea salt to taste. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, flip all pieces, and bake for another 10 minutes. Let cool. I actually really liked these chips, but be aware that a full head of kale only yields about 1 sandwich-sized bag of chips!