- 1 loaf of french bread (I used 6 wheat bolillo rolls)
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, cut into slices (you can also buy pre-cooked grilled chicken slices!)
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning (I have also used taco seasoning and it works great)
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced (you could also use a bag of frozen peppers and onions)
- 1/3 cup salsa (more or less depending on how much you like)
- 4 slices of your favorite cheese (I like cheddar or pepperjack)
- 1 large avocado (optional)
- Slice the bread open lengthwise so you have two long pieces.
- Season the chicken breasts with the fajita seasoning (or taco seasoning) and grill on both sides until cooked through. Let cool slightly, then slice into thin strips. (If you are using pre-cooked chicken strips, just warm them up. You don't even need to season them with fajita seasoning if you don't want to)
- Saute the peppers and onions with some fajita seasoning for about 3-5 minutes, or until the water has cooked off.
- To assemble, spread the salsa on the bottom of the bread. Add the grilled chicken slices, then the sauteed peppers and onion, then the cheese slice.
- Put under the broiler to melt the cheese.
- Cut bread into slices and serve (topped with fresh avocado).
These were really easy and delicious!