- 5 medium green peppers (I used green, yellow, and orange)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1-1/4 pounds extra-lean ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise and discard seeds. In a large kettle, cook peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the turkey, cumin, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper; cook and stir over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
- Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the cheese, tomatoes and bread crumbs. Spoon into pepper halves. Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and peppers are tender. Yield: 5 servings.