- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Melt together 1 stick butter and 2 squares unsweetened chocolate and take the saucepan off the heat.
2. Stir in 1 cup sugar, add 2 eggs and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and beat the mixture well.
3. Stir in 1/3 cup all-purpose flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt. (In the original recipe, 1 cup chopped walnuts is added here as well.)
4. Bake the brownies in a buttered and floured 8-inch-square pan at 325°F for about 30-35 minutes.
This recipe is only slightly modified from epicurious.com based on a reader suggestion. My step mom, Kris, made these for us and they are so ridiculously good I had to make them myself to share with dinner club! We definitely added the walnuts... amazing! These are a more "fudgy" brownie as opposed to a "cakey" brownie, so make sure that suits you. Phenomenal and very easy to make!