Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Soy Lime Chicken
* 1/4 cup soy sauce
* 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
* 1 tablespoon minced garlic
* 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
* 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
* 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
* 1 small onion, sliced
* 1 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
1. Whisk first 5 ingredients to blend in 8 x 8 x 2-inch glass baking dish. Add chicken and onion. Cover and let marinate at room temperature 1 hour or refrigerate up to 3 hours, turning chicken occasionally.
2. Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler. Remove chicken from marinade. Strain marinade into medium saucepan; add broth. Boil until sauce coats spoon, about 14 minutes.
3. Grill or broil chicken until just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to platter.
4. Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.
I served this dish with rice. For each cup of rice, I added 1 cup of water, 3/4 cup chicken broth, and 1/4 cup lime juice in my rice cooker. It gives the rice some of the same flavor as the chicken.