1. Prep all your vegetables. In a small blender make a slurry by combining milk, flour and cream cheese. Set aside. Season
2. Prepare pasta in salted water according to package directions.
3. Heat a large heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; spray with cooking spray and add half of the chicken. Sauté 5 to 6 minutes or until done, set aside on a plate and repeat with the remaining chicken. Set aside. OR Grill it (much better in my opinion)!
4. Add olive oil to the skillet and reduce to medium; add bell peppers, onions, and garlic to skillet, sauté 3-4 minutes.
5. Add mushrooms and tomatoes and sauté 3-4 more minutes or until vegetables are tender. Season with 1/4 tsp salt, garlic powder and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
6. Reduce heat to medium-low; add chicken broth and pour in slurry stirring about 2 minutes.
7. Return chicken to skillet; adjust salt and Cajun seasoning to taste, cook another minute or two until hot, then add linguine; toss well to coat. Top with chopped scallions and enjoy!
Recipe from Skinnytaste.com
Cajun Seasoning Recipe:
- 2 1/2 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp ground black pepper